While watching yet another spoilt, blonde celebrity prance around in a fancy dress on television my mind kind of wandered into think about women and our understanding of ourselves.
When it comes to my thoughts about women I am very passionate, firstly because I am one and proud to be, secondly because I feel throughout history we’ve been constantly pushed down. Further and further from the equal position we deserve.
I am passionate about our potential, about our compassion, our love, our natural instincts and the amazing physical abilities we possess.
I think we’re not yet at a point of total understanding of just how wonderful and capable and brilliant we are.
I also think sometimes we devalue ourselves, we do not respect ourselves and occasionally we do not stand up for ourselves.
My mind wandering so far, I decided it would be nice to be a goddess. It would be… wouldn’t it???
To be able to fully know how great we are, to be content within our own skin regardless of it’s colour or shape or size. To be proud to be a woman and to be able to flaunt it in approriatly and naturally feminine ways. It would be nice to embrace all of what it means to be a woman, the mothering, the nurturing, the passion and love, the weaknesses and flaws and simply love it all.
It would be good to be a goddess, because I believe she would be the kind of woman who’d know.
Who’d just KNOW how to do and be all those things. Comfortably, without force, without fake.
So I googled.
How to be a goddess?
Not that I imagined any google site would give me godlike powers or a magical sceptre or anything.
And what I found was astounding.
I found that the desire to BE a goddess in this day and age, isn’t something that only I thought would be nice, there are entire goddess communities and forums out there. And to live like a goddess is rather simple to accomplish…I also I found myself quite pleased by the fact that from what I’d read…I was practically a goddess already!
Are you one too???
Here are some characteristics of a modern goddess.
Be kind and caring. Use soft words and speak from love not anger or hate.
- Be natural, light make-up if any at all, let your natural beauty shine through.
- Be confident about who you are. You choose sensual over sexy.
- Look after nature, animals and your family.
- Eat like a goddess, fruits, nuts and vegetables. You don’t see goddesses lounging around eating greasy KFC now do you?
- Do not be demanding.
- Re-use, recycle.
- Be appreciative of all you have and appreciate simplicity.
- Respect yourself and others deeply, but never ever let anyone walk all over you.
- Relax. Take time to have a bath or a rest in the afternoon sun.
- Drink water, it cleanses your skin and body.
- Dress neatly, comfortably and casually, there’s no need to dress to impress.
- Take pride in your own projects and interests. They make you unique and mysterious.
- Your health is important, a healthy inside makes your outside glow.
- Share. Be selfless and generous.
Okay so I may not be 100% goddess worthy yet, but I shall try my hardest.
On the other hand a princess is a bit different.
Are you one?….
Here are some princessy traits.
Be selfish, you come first and you know it.
- Only the best will do for you.
- Things with price tags matter.
- False things enhance your beauty, think nails, hair extensions, loads of make-up.
- Dress to impress. ALWAYS.
- Sexy. Being coy is not an option.
- Your home is a display of your financial worth.
- People are important as long as they have skills and ideas that can benefit you.
- You eat what you want, say what you want and do what you want. When you want.
- Everything is an accessory.
- Things must go your way.
- You’re impatient.
- The environment hasn’t got anything to do with you.
- Your health is important only if something is wrong with it.
Alright so being a princess sounds a little harsh. But there are women out there who choose daily to be more Princess than Goddess.
And that’s entirely their choice and we’re all free to have one.
So which do you think you are????
Which would you like to work towards and how come?
Here’s a couple of recipes for the goddess is you.
2 cups of rolled oats.
- 1 cup of almonds.
- 1 cup of walnuts.
- 1 cup of sunflower kernels.
- 1/2 cup shredded coconut.
- 1/4 cup pine nuts.
- 2 tablespoons of natural honey.
- 1 cup of sultanas.
***You can adjust the amounts in anyway you like, you can add or take away anything thing too. I usually make a HUGE batch and put into an ice cream container so it’s ready to go.***
In a pan or fry pan put all the dry ingredients in on a medium heat and stir occasionally. Keep doing this until you can smell a delicious toasty nutty smell and add your honey. Stir until it is through all your yummy seeds, nuts and oats. Allow to cool and yet!
We have ours with skim milk as a cereal, we also eat it with our home-made yoghurt which is no sugar no fat. You can use any you like though. And I also LOVE it just as a snack. It’s also yummy sprinkled over a fruit salad for some toasty crunch.
BBQ rainbow chicken skewers with grilled bananas.
2 chicken breasts (this feeds 7 of us)
- AND any other fruits or vegetables you like.
These are so simple and fun for the whole family to make. Dice your chicken and vegetables and fruits. Skewer 7 (or so) cubes of food onto your sticks. Leaving some with only fruit or veg. Spread the chicken around, only 1 or 2 pieces per skewer. Allowing your kids to make their own lets them chose their favourite foods, or create colourful patterns that they’ll be more likely to eat.
Cut your bananas in half and then slice those halves in half lengthways.
Cook skewers on the bbq (or inside…you choose) place bananas flesh side down to get some colour. We squeeze lemon juice over ours for a yummy tangy bite.
Sour Beans side dish.
This is SOOOO good. we all know how boring beans can be sometimes, this little dressing makes them so moreish even my kids like it!
- 1/4 cup white vinegar
- 2 tablespoons of sweet chilli sauce.
- 1 tablespoon of honey.
- dash of tabasco (if you choose)
Bring a small pot of water to the boil and throw in your beans. The water will stop boiling for a little while, one it boils again. Count to 25 and take them out. They’ll be bright green and heated. That’s perfect!
Mix all the remaining liquid ingredients together to make your dressing. Taste it! If it’s too sour, add a tiny more honey. Too sweet? Add a little more sweet chilli…play with it until you get a perfect, tangy sweetness that’s to your liking. Pour over your beans and allow them to sit for a few minutes.
Eat!!! I have just this for lunch often I like it that much! And you cannot feel bad about having a couple of handfuls of beans for lunch can you?! I also serve it with some baked vegetables or salad an fish.
AND IT’S GOOD COLD TOO!!!
Anyway I’m off to go do some goddess type things…like making my home neat and tidy…and drinking lemon lime water…playing Uno with the kiddies!!!